LYSAGHT® Fences and Gates are made from COLORBOND® pre-painted steel. This means that you have bought a strong, long-lasting product. Here are some important tips for you to follow to ensure you get the best out of your investment.
- Immediately after your fence and gate are installed, check that there are no metal chips or filings remaining on the paintwork. You can remove them by hosing and gently wiping with a soft cloth.
- Check that your fence posts have been set in concrete, not directly into the earth
The pre-painted finish on your fence made from COLORBOND® steel has a good resistance to accidental spilling of common solvents; however you should always wash it down with fresh water if there is an accident. Remember:
- If your fence gets splashed with pool water, always hose it down before the pool water dries. BlueScope does not warrant against harmful chemicals, and this includes water for swimming pools, which is corrosive.
- Other materials you should keep off your fence include lead, copper, Monel metal, bare steel, stainless steel, timber, and concrete
- Minor scratches in your paintwork won’t affect the performance of your fence. Don’t touch-up minor damage with paint because colours are unlikely to match over time
- Do not use your fence as a retaining wall as it is not designed for this purpose.
To clean and maintain your fence, follow these steps:
- Regularly wash down or hose your fence and gate at least once every six month or more if you live in coastal areas, paying particular attention to the area under the top rail, which is sheltered from natural washing by rain. A soft broom can be used to remove any cobwebs.
- Ensure that the posts, bottom rail and panels are free of dirt, debris, fertilisers and anything corrosive.
- There are drainage holes at each end of the rails. Check that they are clear so water can drain away freely.
- Always keep overspray from poisons and fertilisers off your fence.
- Periodically check that all fence posts have plastic caps on them as they provide protection from sharp edges.